Diffusiondialysis-membranes are available both for acid-dialysis or lye-dialysis.
The membranes for aciddialysis are selectively permeable for anions and H+-ions and not for other cations. The transport is facilitated by diffusion with the concentration-gradient of the acid as the driving force.
In a similar way the lye-dialysis membranes are permeable for cations and OH-. The process itself is quite simple.
Typical applications of IONPAQ™ Diffusiondialysis
- Hydrochloric acid recovery or production
- Sulphuric acid recovery or production
- Nitric acid recovery or production
- Fluoric acid recovery or production
- Caustic recovery or production