Gas containing hydrogen sulphide (H2S) can effectively be desulphurized by using THIOPAQ® technology.
THIOPAQ® is a biogas scrubber or gas scrubber and applicable to
- Biogas (from anaerobic wastewater treatment, anaerobic digestion, landfill, etc)
- Vent air loaded with hydrogen sulphide
- Refinery gas
- Hydrogen sulphide containing gases in the oil and gas and petrochemical industry
The THIOPAQ® installations range from very small standardised units to very large custom made design. The (bio)gas flows range from 10Nm3/hr to more than 50,000 Nm3/hr. The daily sulphur loads range from 10 kg to 50 tonnes.
With more than 120 THIOPAQ® installations operating worldwide, this technology has proven its effectiveness.
Advantages of THIOPAQ®
- Highly reliable and robust (over 98% uptime)
- Deep H2S removal sulphide (to less than 25 ppm)
- Treatment of largely fluctuating gas flows and sulphur loads
- Biogas is not diluted with air: strict physical separation between biogas and air
- Only small amounts required of caustic, water and nutrients
- No risk of plugging and fouling, therefore low maintenance
- Operating at ambient pressures and temperatures
- Production of sulphur: this is can be used as fertilizer and fungicide
THIOPAQ® combines physical-chemical adsorption of hydrogen sulphide in a mild alkaline solution with biological regeneration of the caustic solution using air.
The biogas containing hydrogen sulphide enters the absorber column and is washed by a scrubbing liquid with an alkaline nature that absorbs the hydrogen sulphide.
H2S + OH- → HS- + H2O
The biogas exits the top of the absorber virtually free of hydrogen sulphide. The liquid containing sulphide flows to the bioreactor, where bacteria oxidise it and convert it under oxygen-limiting conditions to sulphur and caustic.
HS- + ˝ O2 → S0 + OH-
Dealing with H2S in biogas from papermills...
Icecream factory to derive green energy with BIOPAQ®AFR ...
Sulphate removal from starch processing water ...
Longer life for gas engine after H2S removal ...
Odour-free wastewater treatment plant for ECCO footwear comp...
Biogas for pulp dryers ...
A new BIOPAQ® for every new container board production line...
Water treatment installations expand in step with paper prod...
Long term relationship between paper producer and Paques ...
Production of fertilizer from potato processing wastewater ...